Friday, April 20, 2007

Anonymousbuyer has left the building after twenty years. One score years in purchasing and a few odd months lounging about the City Jail. Twenty is the magic number. Attended school for twenty years--12 in DPS and 8 at Boulder--that's 20, pallie. Followed by twenty years in the same municipal purchasing department. Well, not really the same. Constantly evolving and changing like the waters of a Hericlitean river. Maybe it was anonymousbuyer who stayed the same and, ultimately, was unwilling or unable to adapt. Nice theory. "Candide" was recommended at the beginning as shedding light how things worked in the City in general and purchasing in particular. The Myth of Sisyphus was added to mix as years went by. Twenty years....

July 18, 2000, 3:55 pm----a Tuesday
I am finishing the second day in a row of full concentration at work. A fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay.
Two days in a row. Just day by day, dwelling on neither the past nor the future. Just stay in the Moment.

I met a man at Better Bodies this past Saturday who recognized me.
He remembered attending Place with Jerome. I never thought of Jerome going to Place. This fellow also remembered me Kicking for GW. I may be coming out of the grief and malaise of the last five years. Finally. I feel as though I could start working the whole day like everyone around here. Day by day. One day at a time.

No comments: