Monday, December 10, 2007

Abruzzo--Dino Paul Crocetti

The most expensive olive oil at Wholefoods is a brand called Agramato. It's pressed with tangerines and sells for almost three cents an ounce. It's imported from the Abruzzo region of Italy, which is straight across Italy from Rome on the Adriatic side. It's also the region from which Dean Martin's father and uncles emigrated to the United States, from Montesilvano on the coast in the early twentieth century.

We've recovered a few important books. Complete Handbook of Greek Verbs. 201 Latin Verbs.
The Greek verbs brings back memories of cramming and trying (unsucessfully) to finally pass second semester Classical Greek at CU. My tenure at CU callibrated to those attempts. I had passed Greek 101 one fall on the second try, or was it the third? Then Greek 102 always followed in the spring. Always five classes per week at 9:00 a.m. Ugh. Who can get up that early for a class? I was enrolled in Greek 102 during the spring of my eighth year and was about to fail it for the third time. That's when it occurred to me to just withdraw from the whole semester and graduate. It was a lovely time to be at CU. I could never leave because they would never have let me back in. Eight years was enough, and only three in base two. I occasionally have sleep dreams of being back on the campus and running around and so forth. Out of sixteen total semesters, six were fairly solid with one or two other semesters decent. The first two years were the solid foundation upon which I constructed latter zero point zero efforts, ala Mr. Blutarsky.

No comments: