Friday, August 31, 2007

More Big Sur

We seem to be driving up and down the PCH in Big Sur. Went back down a few days ago. Drove back up last night. Discovered a Galaga/Ms Pacman 20th anniversary machine at Fernwood (Tonight?). Ah, we do love Galaga! Stayed just north of Monterey in Marina. Nice, older motel with a full cable offering. Motel 6 is just the pits. The expectations are the lowest and always fail to meet them. How about Senator Craig? Couldn't he have been Seinfeldian since the gig was up and he's history. Like, "I'm not gay--not that there's anything wrong with that!" If you're going down at least inject some humour. He and Tom Foley ought to go on tour together. But it fairness, Craig could be wrongly accused. From my own personal experience, I can't count the times I've been in an airport restroom and touched feet with someone in the next stall. Excuse me and that's it. Even tapping one's feet to some showtune. Been there and done that. And did you hear that Nike is now coming out with a new Mike Vick athletic turf shoe. It's got a reinforced steel toe to prevent "turf toe" injuries and also to make it easier to kick dogs and other animals with out injury. It's an odd thing to contemplate offing oneself. I seem to be putting it off. Life though is this meaningless quotidian struggle, at least from my perspective. I know I'm screwed up. But I've blown so much money and don't want to face the consequences. Certainly a coward. Not doing it "show" anyone anything. It's just about me and my personal blackhole. Money will run out soon. O, hey, I did eat at Da Vinci's in Beverly Hills (Santa Monica and Wilshire) at the Dean Martin booth. It was quite the experience. I got there early and was the only dinner patron in the place for over an hour. There's a picture of Dino hanging over the booth. At the Paley museum of TV on Beverly Drive I have seen all the old Dino they had that I hadn't yet seen. A couple complete variety shows. Some other stuff. So the Dino pilgrammage is complete. Guess we'll continue to mosey on up the PCH toward San Fran and see what happens. Sorry Grace and Mother (and others) that I've disappeared. In a strange sense though I've never been happier as I think about the end.

No comments: