Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day. Bolder Boulder. I ran in the second race, held in 82? Only 4,000 participants and the race finished at Boulder High. I think I broke 50 minutes. Won a pair of running shorts in a drawing by Frank Shorter. Now it's 30 or 40,000 runners. Obscene. Kris spent the night. We watched a couple movies she brought over and some Larry Sanders episodes that I was copying.

Found the tape of Dave Letterman's last two shows on NBC from 1993. Michelle Shocked, Shandling. The finale had a great performance from Springsteen doing "Glory Days". Great stuff. Then Springsteen's drummer became Conan's band leader. Nice continuity.

So much to go through. Vegas coming up very soon. Buckley and Adler from a Firing Line in 1993 copying in the other room. Fascinating. Buckley is still going strong at 82.

This is all I really wanted to do--just watch stuff I've recorded. Over and over. Too bad I blew a few too many tens of thousands to give me a happy comfort zone. O, well. Gambling losses is a justifiable reason for offing oneself. So is losing a job. Even though I technically walked away, I can't deceive myself on that one. Alea Iacta Est (or, Iacta Alea Est). Days were numbered since I couldn't cut it anymore.

No comments: