Monday, May 28, 2007

We've got Pavarotti at Central Park copying to DVD in the other room. Just following the Highwaymen at Central Park. Very nice. Pavarotti's concert is on the order of Simon and Garfunkel huge crowd at Central Park. Beautiful. Amongst the things worth living for are Pavarotti and Cash, with Dino firmly in the lead.

A few newly discovered work-related documents are posted below. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. I suspect the whole department--Sammy, Frank and the rest--got a similiar letter. I re-type these partly because I miss just ever so much all that typing I did at times during those times I worked, even drunkenly. Actually, I was never drunk. Just Pleasantly buzzed, enough to put up with the work. Some of my best pre-bids were conducted while pleasantly buzzed. But I had become weary of the whole enterprise, the deception, et al. Apparently, there was the odd occasion or two when I wasn't an unrepentent screw-up. The very odd occasion. (What a joy listening to Pavarotti is).


July 8, 1998 LETTER OF APPRECIATION

Mr. Dean Martin
Senior Buyer
Purchasing Division

Dear Mr. Martin:

Please accept my sincere appreciation for the extraordinary efforts
you put forth on behalf of the Mayor's Office of Education and
Advocacy in assisting to set up the City's Headstart program.

Working against a grant deadline of June 30, 1998, you were
necessarily required to set aside other work in order in order to
assure best efforts could be made to accomodate the
requirement to establish encumbrances against grant funding
prior to the expiration of the same. In most cases, requisitions
for the needs of the agency did not arrive until two or three
days prior to the deadline. In some cases, requisitions arrived on the day
of the deadline.

The Purchasing Division is often called upon to perform "miracles" for
user agencies. This was one of those instances where you performed
above and beyond what is
normally expected.

I thank you for your efforts.

Sincerely,

Mack Gray
Deputy Manager of General Services--Purchasing



November 30, 1987

I regret having to inform you by this official notification that you will be laid off effective January 1, 1988....

Sincerely,

Leo Perelman
Deputy Manager of General Services for Purchasing

Memory Lane.....







No comments: